Instructor: Michelle Jamieson | Dates: July 22-26, 2024 (9am-5pm)
Explore the creative process of prop building during this intensive, one-week course. Discover how to start from a drawing or image and progress to a completed object using different materials, techniques and methodology.
Practice and expand on the following behind-the-scenes skills:
- Create an effective and useful properties breakdown sheet;
- Discuss how to build a prop suited to the needs of a production;
- Learn from daily demonstrations using different materials and techniques;
- Create a small-scale sculpture with Plasticine;
- Explore several methods of mold making;
- Build a foam prop weapon using a variety of materials and techniques;
- Create a sampler of fake prop food;
- Utilize our vacuum form machine;
- Train in the safe and effective use of power tools and equipment;
- Learn to create props in an efficient and cost-effective manner; and
- Create a number of props that are yours to keep at the end of the course.
The low student-to-teacher ratio in each course ensures instruction is geared to the participant’s skill level and experience. Please indicate your related experience when you register.
Registration fee includes materials. Classes run Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
163 King Street
Stratford N5A 4S2
COVID Protocols & Cancellation Policy
Read our COVID student protocols and Cancellation Policy here.