Instructor: Michelle Jamieson | Dates: August 26-30, 2024 (9am-5pm)
Expand on the creative process of prop building during this intensive, one-week course. Experiment with carving a sculpture, multi-part mold making, and the art of breakaway props. As well as a ton of finishing techniques to take your props to the next level!
Practice and expand on the following Prop building skills:
- Learn from daily demonstrations using different materials and techniques;
- Create a medium sized sculpture, learning to carve foam while creating effective and safe armatures;
- Discover multiple finishing techniques to create a smooth surface on sculpture;
- Explore multi part mold making using different materials and techniques;
- Learn about plastic resins for casting;
- Discover the art of the Breakaway prop using multiple different techniques.
- Train in the safe and effective use of power tools and equipment;
- Learn to create props in an efficient and cost-effective manner; and
- Create a number of props that are yours to keep at the end of the course.
The low student-to-teacher ratio in each course ensures instruction is geared to the participant’s skill level and experience. Please indicate your related experience when you register.
Registration fee includes materials.
Classes run Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
163 King Street
Stratford N5A 4S2
COVID Protocols & Cancellation Policy
Read our COVID student protocols and Cancellation Policy here.