Instructor: Monica Viani | Dates: October 14-15, 2023
Internationally acclaimed Theatrical Milliner, Monica Viani, will teach and guide you through the process of creating a whimsical fascinator to complement your personality.
Choose a Fall, Holiday, or Halloween-inspired theme.
This workshop will take place in a milliner’s studio. Monica will help you design your Fascinating Confection based on the inspiration you bring to class.
*Students will be asked to forward general ideas one week before the workshop.
*Ideas may be simplified in some cases to achieve a finished piece within 2 days
In this two-day course, students will:
- Learn materials and tools used and traditional millinery.
- Discover the properties of Wonder-flex and Fosshape,
- Use these materials to create the base and possibly some adornments.
- Learn various techniques for attachment of a fascinator to the head or hair.
- Create hand-made decorations and embellishments with net, feathers, and thermoplastics
- Leave with a fascinator, which is yours to keep!
- Inspirations and ideas to class. Printed copy is best, although images on your device will suffice.
- Any items you have collected and would like to use within your fascinator’s decoration.
Previous sewing experience is helpful but not necessary.
163 King Street
Stratford N5A 4S2
Read our COVID student protocols here.